Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's Day Goodie Bags For My Girls




LOVE Them....

I was scared to death to take on this task, I have never made a "bag" other than a diaper pouch. I had looked at some tutorials for the pottery barn Valentine's mail bag and decided to not do it, to scary. Then my friend Malarie wanted to make this one so I said what the heck and took on the challenge! I am so glad that I did, it wasn't as difficult as I feared and I love the way they turned out.

We of course stuck with our color scheme, hot pink bags with black stitching and our inspiration, the "LOVE" material inside. I used this tutorial from
Amy at www.ourscoop.blogspot.com that I found onscribd, it was simple and easy to follow, but you do not need as much felt material as it calls for. I was able to make two out of a 1/2 yard of felt. You do need the amount she says for the lining fabric though. Instead of doing buttons on the back we did velcro and then sewed buttons on. Our embroidery was kind of a combination of both hers and the pottery barn one, our hearts on the front we just used some interfacing and stitched them on with a zig zag stitch.





back

lining

I am very pleased with how they turned out and I can't wait to fill them with Valentine goodies for my girls. My oldest has already requested to take hers to school for her Valentine's box, I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

I think she loves it!



Now go visit Scribd and make one for your littlest Valentines'

I have linked up to these fabulous linky parties:
Sisters Stuff
Sassy Sites
Someday Crafts

No comments: