Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rapunzel's Braid...




My 3 year old got a Rapunzel dress and light up shoes for her birthday and I made her a crown to go with it, but I just couldn't leave out Rapunzels hair, nor did I want to fork out $25 to the Disney Store for one.

So this is what I came up with...



I took 60 strands of yarn, about 3 yards a piece and hooked with a elastic I then braided them together, 20 strands for each section. I tied off the end with another elastic. Next I put another elastic at the top in order to hold all the little pieces down.

I took a silver hair clip from Sally's and covered it with yellow ribbon and hot glued to the back of the braid. I glued it at the very top just above where the braid began.

Next I got a giant Gerber Daisy and removed it from the stem, and popped off the back so it just had a small point. I then hot glued it to the front of the braid, just in front of the clip. This hides the top of the braid and the clip, and gives it a more finished look.

I got some flowers ( I only used one bunch that had purple and pink on it) on clearance at Michaels for $1.99 there were enough to make two braids plus I had some left over. I popped these off the stem and randomly glued them to the braid on the front and back.

Last, I tied a pretty purple bow to the bottom. I put a drop of hot glue in the center of the bow so that it wouldn't come undone.

That's it, super simple, super cute and inexpensive (less than $4).

My daughters little friend and her parents came over for dinner and to celebrate with us and I couldn't leave her out so I made one for her too. However I only made hers about 2 yards. I was worried about Ava's being too long.





My daughters little friend that is two kept stroking it and saying just like Punzel.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: