Friday, July 8, 2011

Flat Iron Travel Pouch...



My little sisters birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her something fun, so I came up with a combination of projects for her. Kayleigh's birthday is not actually for another 1 1/2 weeks but I am pretty confident she doesn't look at my family blog, let alone my craft bag :)


So this is the first of the four presents I am making her, a flat iron travel pouch, I love it and can't wait to make one for me too. I found a great tutorial over at Crap I've Made, super easy to make you read the tutorial once and you are good to go.

Like all sewing projects for me, it is so fun to watch the project come together. I am still relatively new at sewing so all projects feel like a great accomplishment and that I am trying something new. At one point you are sewing through 4 pieces of material, 2 layers of bating (I did use insulin-bright and found it at my local walmart), and 2 layers of double fold bias tape, I thought my needle would break for sure, but it didn't! This was also my first time sewing with bias tape, much easier than I anticipated.

Open and empty



With just the flat iron tucked inside



How it looks opened with the cord wrapped



All folded up with flat iron inside



These cases are a great gift for friends, sisters, nieces, cousins, etc. And they whip up in less than an hour, and that's the best kind of project! So head over to Crap I've Made and make one today!







Posted by Picasa

No comments: